Sunday, October 3, 2010

World Card Making Day

Well I really thought I would be back into the swing of blogging a few weeks ago but then we spent a Sunday at the NASCAR race here in New Hampshire so I wasn't able to post that week. Then it just got easier not to post and one week led to the next and so forth. Today I'm wondering if I should try to post on another day of the week. I think I'll ponder that for a while and see where it takes me.

So our day at the races was fun. Normally my dh and I take my sister but this year it was just my sister and I. We recently found out that our dog has cancer and the vet has given her only a few weeks. So my dh couldn't bear the thought of leaving her along for a 12 - 16 hour day (we do have friends that come by to check on her and let her out) so he stayed home with her. We missed him but I'm glad he stayed behind this year. I don't think we would have had such a nice, relaxing time if we knew the dog needed us.

That brings me to the other reason I haven't posted. Our 15 and half year old American Eskimo developed a small bumb on her nose back in May. That bumb turned out to be a non-operable tumor which now covers most of her nose and forehead. The tumor has broken through her sinus cavity and caused some nosebleeds which is very uncommon in dogs. She doesn't seem to be in any pain, so we are just taking it one day at a time and hoping for the best.

This past weekend I was able to make a few cards and I even remembered to take photos of them before giving them away. Here is a card I made for my father-in-law for his 81st birthday. The white cardstock is just standard cardstock from Staples. The olive green layered paper is Bazzill cardstock and the pattern paper is from a booklet of paper I got a while back at Michael's called Sarapapers. The greeting and interior sentiment is from PaperTrey Ink's Birthday Basics and Masculine Motifs stamp sets. These were stamped with Memento's Rich Cocoa ink. The tag was hand cut from some scrap cardstock, the buttons were from my stash, and the frayed ribbon is a 'Special Value Ribbon' from Michael's.




You can click on any of the images for a closer look.

Thank you for dropping by tonight and spending some of your busy time with me!

Until next week ... may you have an enjoyable week!

-Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment