Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Clean & Simple "Thank You"

Well it's been a fairly productive weekend around here. My dh worked on the cat enclosure and I'm pleased to say it's almost done! The cats will be so happy! :) I did some baking yesterday; apple pie and apple brown betty. We are in the heart of apple country here in souther New Hampshire. I also cleaned both the house and camper, which made me feel very good. Even the cats got in on the productivity by catching 3 mice! I can always tell when the seasons are changing as the outdoor animals try to find a warm place to spend the winter.

My card today was inspired by Nicole Heady of PaperTrey Ink. She is quite famous for creating clean and simple cards and I've always wanted to try my hand at one. I needed to make a card for my niece who bought some clothes while on vacation and then had buyers remorse. Since she couldn't return the clothes I offered to buy them from her but forgot to stop by the ATM on our way home. I offered to send the money to her but never did. So last weekend we saw her for a family birthday and I wanted to be sure I paid her the money. I so hate to owe people money!

The card is based on a piece of white cardstock and stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The picinic basket, flowers and sentiment are from Vintage Picinic by PaperTrey Ink. The basket is paper pieced using the Recollections Autumn 5x7 stack that I picked up at Michael's last year.


I colored the flowers using the following Prismacolor pencil - Terra Cotta and the following Crayola pencils - Jade Green, Green, Yellow-Green, Red-Orange, Orange, and Mango. The frame is created with a Black Gel Pen.


I think it's going to be a fairly stressful week this week. I have a four-hour presentation I need to prepare for at work and, more importantly, I need to make another vet appt for the dog. The tumor is spreading quickly and I'm trying to prepare for the worst. If you have it in your heart please say a prayer for us.

I'll be back next week with another card.

-Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment