Sunday, June 6, 2010

Campfire and Graduation

Happy Stormy Sunday Evening! We've been having some pretty unusal weather here in the NE lately. Yesterday was supposed to be stormy and it ended up being HOT and HUMID, like unbelievably humid. Today was pretty stormy and we've been in a Tornado warning for the last two days!! Boy the weather sure has changed since I was kid.

Last weekend the weather was so beautiful. We were camping with some friends and had such a nice, relaxing time. My family and I played games, went to an entertainment park and visited with everyone. We had a nice fire Sunday evening and made s'mores ... yummo. :) This is one of my favorite parts of camping.



This weekend I spent some time being pampered. I had a manicure and pedicure yesterday ... it was wonderful! ... then my dh and I ran errands and grabbed some bar-b-que for dinner. It was nice not to have to cook when it was so bloody HOT outside. My dh is so good to me! :) One of our errands brought us to the local Scrapbook store. I got some fun papers by BoBunny which I'm planning to make into a 'word' scrapbook album. The word I have is 'TRAVEL'. I'm looking forward to getting started.
One of our other errands was to pick up a gift for my mom's birthday. She specifically requested chocolate cake and a submarine sandwich for lunch. So we stopped by Subway for her sandwich and I made a cute cake last night. This morning I frosted it with homemade cream cheese frosting. It was a big hit at the nursing home!


Today I had to make a graduation card for my god-son. I didn't have much time so I kept it really simple. I used Lisa Johnson's Argyle stamp set by PaperTrey Ink to create a nice background image in Royal Blue ink. The cream ribbon is from PaperTrey Ink and the tag is from a new die-cut I got from Spellbinders about a month or so ago at the Creative Keepsakes Convention. I used the 'Congrats you did it' stamp from Dawn McVey's Signature Series stamp set from PaperTrey Ink on the inside of the card.

Well that's all I have for today. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!
-Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment