Sunday, January 24, 2010

Replacement Valentine's Day Card

Happy Sunday Everyone! I hope you've all had a relaxing and enjoyable weekend, I know I have. My dh and I ran a few minor errands yesterday and spent the night watching a movie by the fire. It was so nice! Today I spent some quality time in the craft room and am happy to say I was able to replace the Valentine's Day card I showed you in my last post.

Here it is:


So what do you think? It's definitely better than having negative words and phrases all over it! LOL I still can't believe I didn't notice that. What a "duh" moment that was.

The pink paper is Berry Sorbet from PaperTrey Ink. I stamped the heart image using Versamark Ink and the Heart strip stamp from the Around and About stamp set from PaperTrey Ink. The cat stamped image and saying "be my Valentine" are from the Tiny Treats; Valentine's stamp set, also from PaperTrey Ink. I used my Coral Copic and the Air Brush System to add some slight color to the white scallop circle which I cut out using my new Scallop Nestabilities dies. For a final touch I added some Martha Stewart glitter to the heart on the kitty.

Overall I'm very pleased with the outcome. Next I think I'll tackle some Birthday cards and I'm hoping to complete a collage of pet photos for this really cool mat and frame that John and I picked up a couple of years ago while on vacation in the White Mountains. It's been tough as I'm still learning my new Photo program and the pictures don't always come out the way I would like. But I'm determined to figure it out ... all in good time.

Have a wonderful week!

-Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment