Sunday, February 28, 2010

Birthday Card

Hello World! It's so nice to be connected to the outside world again. We had a terrible wind storm Thursday night and we lost power for about 48 hours! Our generator decided not to cooperate so we spent Friday making as many phone calls as we could think of. We tried to buy another one, rent one and find someone who could fix the one we have. We finally found someone to fix it but they couldn't do that until Saturday. So we had a couple of rough nights but this wonderful little repair shop came through and fixed our generator for us. We were back in business by mid-afternoon Saturday and then the power came back on Saturday night. Oh well, at least it's fixed for the next time and trust me, living in New England there will definitely be a next time! LOL

I didn't get much crafing done this weekend ... it was just too cold! The house got down to 50 degrees! However I did come up with this sweet little card. I made this totally from scraps, can you believe it?!?
The stamp is from JustRite Stampers and I colored it with the few Copic markers I have. I tried to match the spots on the package to the spots on the decorative paper. It came out pretty close but I'm not sure you can really tell from the picture. I cut the stamped image and the scalloped blue circle with the new Spell Binders Nestabilities that my hubby got me for Christmas. Isn't he sweet? The blue scallop under the decorative paper was made with a Fiskers Apron Lace punch. The layout was a sketch by Michelle Wooderson. I will definitely be using this sketch again for inspiration.

Next week I'll show you my picture of Luke (our cat) which I used on the March page of my calendar.

Until then ... I hope you have an enjoyable, stress-free week.

-Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment