Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Good News And A Card Share

Hello! Sorry for not posting on Sunday but I didn't have pictures of my completed cards to share with you. We finally saw the sun again today after a few days of rain/overcast skies so I quickly snapped some shots. Also we went to a couple of graduation parties this past Saturday and I forgot to get pictures of the cards I made (I'm smacking myself in the head).

Before I share a card with you I have some GREAT news! I GOT A JOB!!! Yes, it's official, as of next Monday, July 27th I will be employed again. It's a huge relief, I must say but I will certainly miss being home with my animals. I have a sneaking suspicion that they might miss me a little bit too. ;)

Okay, onto the card. I made this card as part of Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge. It's the first time I've played along with a color challenge and I really had fun. Unfortunately I didn't finish the card in time to post it to her blog but I was still pretty proud of myself LOL





The challenge was to use black, soft grey, hot pink, grass green, and bright red. It seems like a lot of colors and it took me a little while to pull everything together but I did it. I used black for the base and then layered on the grass green. I stamped the A Muse Spiral Daisy image onto a soft grey with ColorBox Scarlet ink and then added the Prima flowers; red and pink with a black button from my stash to tie everything together. Hopefully it works! I left off a sentiment for now since I'm not sure exactly what I will use it for. Fortunately I think it could be used for any occasion.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful week.

-Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment