Sunday, July 12, 2009

Another Graduation Card

Well it looks like summer has finally arrived in New England!! YEAH! I spent so much time outside this weekend and it truly felt wonderful. The weather has been in the mid- to high- 70's, sunny and breezy. Just perfect! I even broke out the "kiddie" pool for the dog today and spent some quality time soaking my feet while I read a book and soaked up some of the suns beautiful rays! :) Can you tell how happy I am? LOL

Last Monday I had my first in-person inteview since being laid-off back in April. While it was very long; I met with four people and had to take a test to prove my skills, it must have gone fairly well since they asked me to come back in tomorrow for yet another interview. This is the fourth time I am speaking with the hiring manager! I think they should be able to make a decision by now, but I have no idea exactly how many people they have to choose from. Hopefully tomorrow will go just as well as last week and I'll be offered the job by the end of the week. Fingers crossed!

Anyway, on to my card post for this week. In addition to the graduation cap card that I showed last week, I also made the following graduation card.

The background paper is called "Stardust" and is part of the Hello Spaceboy collection by Valerie Foster for Prima Marketing, Inc. The stamps I found as a set at Michael's and are from Hampton Arts. I stamped them in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The ribbon is from my stash and started out as a white satin ribbon. Since the card was given to a young man who just graduated from high school I didn't think white satin was very appropriate, so I colored the ribbon with my black Copic. Cool huh?

Can you believe I'm still making graduation cards? We have two more parties to attend this coming weekend. I'll post pictures as soon as they are done. Also I got some new Cuttlebug Border Embossing folders so I'm hoping to be able to play with those more soon!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you all have a wonderful week.

-Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment