Sunday, March 15, 2009

Additional Info & New Cards

First off I need to say that the cards I made from the previous post were inspired from the book "Susan's Journal of Paper Engineering Secrets" by Susan Cobb. I should have included this information in that post but frankly I was way too tired to go find the book that night!

The first card I'm posting today was inspired by a sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You. The flower and button have not been secured to the card yet because I'm still not convinced they are the right element for the card. I also plan to add a sentiment once I figure out who I will send the card to. I just love the purple swirled paper I used on this one but I can't find the name of it. Sorry.



The second card was something I came up when I got frustrated making the first card. The multi-colored paper is called "The Goods" from American Crafts and I'm pretty sure I got it at AC Moore. This is a double-sided paper with the back, or reverse, being solid orange. It's a really nice paper.


Now I'm trying to make a box without using someone else's template. I know there are plenty of free templates and even templates you can buy on the internet but I thought I could figure it out for myself. I must say that it's coming along pretty well. I just wish I could have found the specific paper I was looking for. Stay tuned ...

Make time each day to be creative.

-Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment