Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July America!

Wow, has it really been so long since I last posted? Where does the time go? Honestly I've been so busy with life that I haven't had a chance to really craft anything new. Last weekend I spent some time with my mom on Saturday and my dh's company had their 'Summer Outing' at a local amusement park on Sunday.

This past weekend was our 4th of July celebration here in the states. I spent two days cooking and cleaning to prepare our house for a cookout yesterday. We had friends and family join us for a very pleasant celebration. Unfortunately it was steaming hot so we cranked up the air conditioning and spent the afternoon indoors instead of outside. Good think I scrubbed everything! LOL Actually I really like entertaining as it causes me to have to really clean the house, not just a spit and polish, but a good, deep cleaning.

Now we're looking forward to a short work week and another camping weekend ahead. This trip will just be hubby and I and we are really looking forward to getting away, just the two of us. I'll have to get some pictures of the camper and our 'new-to-us' inflatable boat. I sure hope the weather is nice!

Our nephew recently had a birthday so I created this card for him. I think it had a nice masculine look to it.
The papers are all by PaperTrey Ink, as is the sentiment. The small greenish-grey circles are chipboard shapes which I painted with some Ceramcoat Acrylic paint. It's fairly simple but I really liked the way it turned out.

Well that's all I have for today. Thanks for stopping by!

-Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment