Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sister's Birthday Card

Holy Moly has it really been two weeks that I haven't posted? Where does the time go? I thought for sure I had made this posting two weeks ago but apparently not. I also knew that I would not be able to post last week. We spent the weekend getting ready for and then attending the NASCAR race in Loudon, NH. The weather was perfect and the race was a blast! I'll share photos of that another time as I haven't even downloaded the pictures from the camera.

Here is a birthday card I made for my sister earlier this month. Her birthday was on Labor Day weekend.

I've used this paper before and am running out of it now. I'm kind of disappointed because I really like it. The cat stamp is "Fluffles" but I changed out the word stamp which arches over it. This word stamp is from Around & About by PaperTrey Ink. The ribbon is from my stash but I used the backside of a satin ribbon as it was a bit darker and obviously not as shiny. I colored Fluffles and his gift with colored pencils. For some reason I always color the cat in gray, he just looks like a gray cat to me!

I wish that the words had arched better. I worked at this for quite a while and this was the best I could do. Unfortunately I don't think I would use this stamp in this fashion again. Oh well, live and learn.

I finially finished the Memory Album I had been working on. I even found some cute fuzzy yarn to use with it. Okay actually my husband found it for me! LOL I'll take some photos and share it soon.

Enjoy your week! I'll try not to be gone so long again.

-Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment