Monday, June 29, 2009

A Boy's Birthday Card

Here in New England we have been stuck in a bad weather pattern. It has been raining for about two weeks now! I feel like I live in Ireland or something. I'd like to see some sunshine for more than a few hours at a time. I know from reading other blogs that some people are having tremendous heat. It seems like the weather is crazy everywhere this year! I know I really shouldn't complain about the weather, it's cool here, only reaches 70 degrees on average each day so we haven't had to use the air conditioner yet. This is saving us a bunch of money which is a good thing since I haven't found another job yet. So I guess I just have to keep reminding myself of the silver lining. :)

The company my husband works for had their 'Summer Outing' this past weekend. We spent the day yesterday at a local amusement park. It was really fun! We went on some rides and ate all the great food that you get at those places. I especially like the Fried Dough ... yummmm. We were all thankful that the rain held off for most of the day. See, another silver lining!!

Here is the card I have to share with you this week. I made this for my husband's nephew. I seem to struggle a bit with cards for the 'male' gender. I find that this is common for a bunch of other people too.


I thought the paper was fun and certainly appropriate for either a boy or girl. It does have some glitter on it here and there but I don't think it comes across as being real girly. I stamped the slice of cake in Memento Rich Cocoa and layered it using the Large Oval Nestability. I only own two shapes of Nestabilities; the plain oval and the scalloped oval. I didn't want to use the scalloped as I was afraid it might appear too feminine. The stamp and paper are from Imaginisce. The ribbon is called Colorstiks by Strano Designs and the brads are by Making Memories.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are enjoying whatever weather is in your area!

-Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment